Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Morals

Today I ran into someone who had very strange and odd morals. The person shall remain nameless and the place that it happened shall remain a mystery. The subject of animals came up and she said that she finds it acceptable to “beat a dog’s ass” and when I starting digging into that subject deeper she got defensive. Meaning she knew it was wrong, but she didn’t want to admit it. She then later said “I hope no one sees me beat my daughter’s ass.”  What kind of mother does that? What is she thinking? It’s not okay to beat a dog but it’s even worse to be planning on beating your child when said child isn’t even born yet! It doesn’t make sense to me how a person could say things like that. How can a person act so hostile towards an unborn baby growing inside your belly? I don’t get it. If I were pregnant I would never speak that way of my unborn baby and I would never “beat her ass”. They say ignorance is bliss but how can I ignore that? How can anyone ignore that? I wish people could just be more respectful and have better morals.
I also once heard about a woman who cheated on her husband while he was deployed. I mean, I know that happens often but this one really made me angry. She had a baby while her husband was deployed and when he was due to come home she was there and she said that she wanted to see this man one last time before her husband came home. Her husband was due home in HOURS and she wanted to go see him again. Now I don’t know this person at all, I never even met her, but if this story is true… That is just ridiculous. It’s bad enough that she cheated but it’s even worse that instead of getting things ready hours before her husband comes home she wants to go see a guy that she started a relationship with while her husband was deployed.
Animals and people should not be physically or emotionally abused. It’s wrong. Put yourself in their shoes. How would you feel if someone beat you and you couldn’t defend yourself like a child or a dog? I wouldn’t like it. I would feel like shit about myself for the rest of my life. Treat your animals with respect and you’ll get the results you want. Use positive reinforcement and they’ll learn what you’re trying to teach them. Treat your children and significant others with respect. Don’t yell at them and don’t hit them. If you sit down and talk to someone with respect, they’re more likely to listen to you than if you just yelled at them. Respect. It’s not a hard lesson to learn.  

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I know the girl you are talking about. I can NOT believe some of the things she says.. like wtf really? I dunno why she even posts the things instead of keep them to herself. All it is doing is making her look really really bad and it makes me sad. I cant remember if we know when she is due but i really fear for her child. I hope she stays on the site so that we can see what goes on with her!

    ReplyDelete