Tuesday, April 5, 2011

About Me and a Little History

Andrew and I met in high school but we didn't start dating until 3 years later in 2009. We were married September 12, 2009 in a small quiet ceremony and have been happily married ever since. Andrew is currently a Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps and we are stationed in Twentynine Palms, California. In January of 2010, we decided it was time to expand our little family and we were pregnant in February. Shortly after Andrew left on our first deployment I went in for an ultrasound with my mom and had been informed that my baby no longer had a heartbeat. It broke my heart as well as my mom’s. I had to tell my husband via phone call one night. It was the hardest phone call I ever took part in. I would rather go through the physical pain than the pain of telling him he wasn’t going to be a father when he got home. I was wrong in the way I worded it. He is a father and I am a mother. We are proud parents of a beautiful angel baby. Someone once told me that my baby was already perfect enough to enter into heaven to be with God. Hearing that made it seem less hurtful. We made it through and are stronger now but there are times that it still hurts. We are not currently trying again for another baby.

We have two cats. A 20 month old male orange tabby cat named Evan and an 11 month old female Burmilla looking cat named Luna. I have never seen a cat quite like Luna. She is small for her age and she has baby blue eyes. She has some black toes and some pink toes and no two paws are the same on her. She is a definite mommy’s girl. She sleeps with me, she follows me around all day and if she’s not lying right next to me, she’s always somewhere close. Evan is a strange cat. He is big and he is fat, although daddy says he’s just husky. He knows how to give kisses, when you call him he will come like he’s a dog and he usually lies on his back. We have a tendency to treat our cats like they are children.

My mom is my best friend. She has always been there for me through thick and thin and unlike a lot of people around me, she has never judged me for anything I have done or thought about doing. We buttheads a lot but that’s because we’re so alike that we get on each other’s nerves. Despite the arguments, we both know we always have each other. Although I may not always show it, I appreciate everything that she has ever done for me from the day I was born to now and forever.

I love my whole family with my entire heart, and if I mentioned them all and said something about each of them it would take up the whole internet to explain. My family is simply complex. They love me so much and when I’m around them I can feel it, and when people who have never met my family come around, they always say “Sarah, your family really does love you a lot.”, and I believe every word of it, now and forever.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing person and you WILL someday become an amazing mom to another baby. I know it! I cant wait to see pics of your baby belly either!!! I like seeing your cats on skype and hearing Evan meow occasionally without seeing him in the room. lol and i also hope i can meet your mommy someday too!

    ReplyDelete